PLEASE NOTE: You will not be able to take part in Centre VR experiences without signing this waiver.
Risks associated with use of Virtual Reality Headsets include, but are not limited to:
- Eye strain.
- Motion sickness.
- Increased Heart Rate.
- Increased Body Temperature
- Injury from other players.
- Self-Injury due to user confusion for example bumping into walls or objects, tripping, jumping or throwing, etc.
While using Virtual Reality Headsets:
- Flickering screens and flashing images could trigger underlying health conditions.
- Equipment may affect medical devices such as cardiac pacemakers etc.
- The media content of some experiences may affect those with pre-existing medical or mental health conditions.
- It is possible to feel claustrophobia, panic, or feel other phobias.
- Objects in the real world may not be visible in the virtual world.
- Objects in the virtual world may not exist in the real world.
- You must self monitor your health and pause or stop if you become unwell.
- Oculus VR, LLC. PlayStation VR, and HTC Vive recommend that children be over the age of 13 to use VR headsets.
- Negative health effects may not present immediately.
We recommend that you do not enter VR if you are:
- Feeling physically ill or very tired.
- Under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or hung-over.
- Heavily stressed or anxious.
- Susceptible to light-sensitive health conditions and have not checked the suitability of the titles you can access.
For more information about risks, safety and side effects of using VR you can click the links below.
A Super Quick Safety Guide to Letting Your Kids Use VR Headsets
Side Effects of Virtual Environments: A Review of the Literature
BY USING CENTRE VR YOU ARE INDICATING YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
1. I (or my child/dependent/minor) wish to use one of the Centre VR virtual reality headsets. I recognize and understand that the use of a VR headset involves risks.
2. I (or my child/dependent/minor) am using the VR equipment voluntarily;
3. I assume all of the physical, psychological, and financial risks associated with use of VR equipment;
4. I understand that media including, but not limited to, photos and video may be captured by Centre VR or associated organisations during my visit. I confirm that I waive all rights to and control over such media and understand that it may be used by Centre VR and associated organisations in, but not limited to, paid and social media, print media, press releases, etc.
5. I acknowledge that I have read and understood this waiver in full and that I am voluntarily giving up substantial legal rights, including the right to sue Centre VR Ltd or its employees;
6. I acknowledge that signing this waiver means releasing Centre VR Limited from any liability regarding my (or my child/dependent/minor's) use of the Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, HTC Vive Pro Samsung Odyssey and/or any of the Centre VR equipment.
7. If the headset is being used by my child/dependent/minor, that I am the parent or legal guardian of the minor named below. I have the legal right to consent to and, by signing below, I hereby do consent to the terms and conditions of this Release of Liability.
8. I understand that I must sign this Release of Liability in person before using the equipment at any Centre VR location.
9. I am confirming that I am over 18 years of age and have read the above information and agree to the Centre VR Terms and conditions.